Saturday, October 4, 2014

#68: Make your bed.

It is simple. So simple that often we say we don't need to do it. Making your bed can seem like a meaningless task - especially when we use our excuses to justify why we DON'T do it - example - why make the bed if we are just going to get back into it in a few hours...


Well, I want you to think about why you should make your bed. I've recently made an attempt to not leave my bedroom in the morning without making my bed first! In just a few days I can tell you there are some major positives from adding this to my morning routine:

1. Starting the day with a sense of accomplishment. It is probably the easiest thing I'll get to check off from my day's to do list and starts my day with forward progress.

2. It makes it very difficult to crawl back into bed if it is already made.

3. It is a positive example of respecting your space. I'm constantly asking my kids to clean up and respect their things - but I haven't been a living example of taking pride and ownership of my own.

4. It looks nice.

5. I spent good money on a beautiful bed set, and it feels good to use it.

6. I don't have to keep my bedroom door closed because I actually enjoy seeing my special space.

7. It is EASY!

8. Did I mention that it is EASY????

So, what are you waiting for...if you haven't made your bed today - get to it! Don't wait...this very simple task can start a snowball effect of getting things done, cleaned up, put away and crossed off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment