Thursday, April 24, 2014

#42: Put the gadgets down.

We were out to dinner the other night and I couldn't help but notice the older couple across from us. They kept giving me the "please quiet down" eyes because the three of you were your typical excited to be out of the house selves...I just kept thinking how sad it was that they weren't engaged in each other. They were out for dinner with their phones. I am just as guilty - I can't miss a call or not respond right away - cell phones and instant communication have definitely made an impact (and I'm not sure it is always good) in our world. Just remember to communicate face-to-face - use your words - use eye contact - smile - hold hands - etc. I'm sure technology will only get more intense as we get older - so PLEASE don't get so wrapped up into it that you forget to live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment