Friday, October 25, 2013

#1: Look For Adventures

When your dad told me that he got the job offer in FL, my first reaction was to cry. I couldn't bear to think about leaving our family and friends and moving across the country...but within a few minutes of hearing the news - I had made up my mind that I would accept this adventure. Why? So many reasons: 1) career opportunity for your dad - he work tirelessly so that I can stay home with you and a career opportunity like this doesn't come knocking very often...so we had to entertain the idea, 2) FL? Who wouldn't want to live in the most magical place on earth...at least it is a place I know people will want to visit, 3) your dad and I trust each other fully and WE decided that this would be a great adventure for our family.

Life can get very comfortable and your routines simply become a memorized portion of your day. Laundry Monday, Library Tuesday, Playdate Wednesday, Park Thursday, Go to the bathroom Friday - well, you see what I mean. I think Lesson #1 is so important throughout life. Don't get comfortable. Don't set limits. Don't disregard opportunities because they don't "fit" where you think you are. Don't overlook potential in yourself and others...look for adventures...in everything you do! Life will be so much more fun...and believe me, even as an organized planner personality - adventures can (and will) open doors you never even knew existed...

April 2013 -Time for an Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment