Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#83: Open your eyes.


Recently I was taking some pictures and I asked you to open your eyes. We were outside and your eyes are so sensitive to the light that you are almost always squinting. I love your eyes...they are the most wonderful shade of grey-blue...just like your dad. Anyways, when I asked you to open your eyes, you said I can't and instantly forced them open with your hands. We both laughed hysterically and the resulting picture is just as funny as I remember the moment.

Lesson for today - OPEN YOUR EYES. There is so much to see in this world. So much beauty. So much love. So much to try. So much inspiration. So much. But you won't experience any of it with your eyes shut...and yes, sometimes it will be scary because there is also so much hatred, ignorance, ugliness, etc in our world. At those times, you might have to hold your eyes open. But OPEN YOUR EYES. Face everything with a sense of confidence. Love yourself. Know that you always have support. Know that you can do ANYTHING...but you must open your eyes and try!

No comments:

Post a Comment